Namami Gange Yojana 2021:-Friends, as you all know, we try to give you complete information about every government scheme on our website so that you can take full advantage of all the government schemes running on behalf of the government, friends, today we will turn to another government for you. We are going to tell you about the Namami Gange Yojana going on.
Namami Gange Yojana 2021
So that you also know what is Namami Gange Yojana? And how is it working? To get complete information about the Namami Gange scheme, read this article carefully and see how the Namami Gange project is working.
What is Namami Gange Yojana?
The government launched an integrated Ganga Conservation Mission called ‘Namami Gange’ to end the pollution of the river Ganga and revive the river. The Union Cabinet approved the proposed action plan of the Center to quadruple the budget for river cleaning but to spend Rs. 20,000 crores on river cleaning by 2021-2021 and a central plan with 100% central share. Gave shape
Initial level activities range from cleaning the top surface of the river to solving the problem of flowing solid waste; Construction of toilets (solid and liquid) and toilets from the cleanliness of rural areas to the drains in rural areas; Renovation, modernization, and construction of crematoriums so as to prevent the burnt or partially burnt corpses from flowing into the river, is aimed at building, repairing and modernizing the ghats to improve the relationship between people and rivers.
231 schemes of Namami Gange project starting from Gangotri, renovation of old ghats at Haridwar, Kanpur, Allahabad, Banaras, Ghazipur, Ballia, Bihar and 6 places in Bengal, new ghats, changing rooms, toilets, seating area, sewage treatment plant, oxidation plant bioremediation process, water treatment will be done. It also includes village drains. Also, what will be the effect of the ponds on the linkage of the Ganges will also be seen.
The total length of the Ganges is 2525 km. The Ganges basin is 1. 6 million square kilometers, 468. 7 billion metric water flows throughout the year which is 25. 2 percent of the total water source of the country. Its basin has a population of 45 crores. Also, the Ganges passes through five states. It may be declared a national river, but it flows at the will of the states.
Facts of Ganga project
- Project cost 2037 crores
- Ministry involved in the project Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- The project aims to clean the Ganges river
- Project Start Date July 2014
- Project duration 18 years
Benefits of Namami Gange Yojana 2021
- Out of 32 projects, 20 projects with a total cost of Rs 871.74 crore are related to sewer treatment and construction of infrastructure in various parts of Uttarakhand.
- Six projects will be implemented in Haridwar. Under this, two STPs will be constructed at Jagjitpur and Sarai. The total cost of the projects in Haridwar is 414.20 crores.
- After completion of all the projects, the water of all the major cities of Uttarakhand including Haridwar and Rishikesh will not go into the Ganges without going untreated.
- In addition, the foundation stones of sewage treatment projects were laid at Uttarkashi, Muni ki Reti, Kirti Nagar, Srinagar, Rudra Prayag, Badrinath, Joshimath, Chamoli, Nand Prayag, and Karna Prayag.
- Foundation stones were laid for ghat development works in Tehri Garhwal, Rudra Prayag, and Chamoli.
Namami Gange Yojana Covered Area
Five states of India Namami Gange Project have been implemented.
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
The Ganges comes in the path of the river, and instead of the tributaries, they touch some parts of the given state.
- Himachal Pradesh
- Chhattisgarh and